About the Cyber Security Team
The members of our cyber security team are the eyes and ears of our organisation thus, we need to stay ahead of the latest threats while continuously improving our tools, techniques, and processes.
The team develops and runs security processes day-to-day for FusionGrove, and works to step up change security capability to further enhance the protection and controls that are offered to our customers across USA, Europe and Asia, and we’re looking to add great people to our growing team.
With communication being a critical factor our team works collaboratively with the software and systems engineering teams to support security throughout the development lifecycle, while building proactive monitoring and responses to security events.
Your Main Responsibilities
We are seeking a talented Security Engineer to join our team. Security Engineers work with broad knowledge of security engineering as well as a deeper knowledge in one or more specific areas.
- Deliver quality advice and guidance to technology teams in order to make our systems secure, this could be through threat modelling, code review, design review, etc.
- Educate colleagues throughout technology so they are empowered to make their systems more secure.
- Assist the software engineering teams in adhering to secure design principles.
- Work closely and collaboratively with product and software engineering teams.
- Be a problem solver and providing hands on direction during the design and development of applications utilising a threat-based approach to support the business strategy, with past experience.
- Execute threat modelling activities during agile iterations.
- Be highly involved in and potentially leading incidents which occur on our systems with regards to technology security.
- Provide targeted application security requirements based on design, threats, industry best practices and our specific policy.
- Influence delivery teams in the prioritisation of security activities and issue remediation.
- Perform manual code reviews, open source software evaluations and tests as needed.
- Drive adoption of new tools and techniques and possess the ability to understand their value and impact.
- Share knowledge with the wider team and championing continuous improvement.
- Web Application Scanners (WAS) e.g. Qualys /Nessus (Tennable.io), Netsparker, etc.
- Nmap, Kali Linux, Metasploit.
- Ability to write small tools in Python, Ruby, Go, Perl, PHP etc., would be ideal.
- One or more of the following certifications could would be beneficial: Security+, CEH, SANS GIAC, SSCP, CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, CISM.
- Previous experience working in a DevOps environment and building teams to deliver secure codes in an automated way.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience of pen testing or identifying vulnerabilities.
- Experience in managing security vulnerabilities of a system, OS, software, WAS, configurations and Cloud (AWS).
- Ability to represent data to ensure that the right vulnerabilities are prioritised.
- Capability to reproduce issues and work closely with the development / software engineering teams to help them remediate.
How to Apply
If you think you have the right attitude and skills to take on the above role with FusionGrove please submit your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the job you are applying for in the subject of your email.